March 21, 2013

The Last Book I Read- Love Does


Reading is something that I love to do, but never really get around to making myself sit down and do it. So that being said, I have a huge stack of books on the "read next" shelf. I was going to start one of those until a package came to me in the mail from someone. Now I am aware that God didn't order this book off Amazon and have it shipped to me, but what I do know is that God laid it on my friend's heart to send it to me, because I needed it for sure.

The book is called "Love Does" by Bob Goff





This book is awesome. It is an account of some of the stories in this man's life, and let me tell ya....he has lived life to the fullest. Mr. Goff is fully aware that every day he is blessed with is a gift from God, so he uses every second to have fun and glorify the lord while he's having a blast.

I needed this book.

At the time this book was sent to me, I was in a funk. Not a sad kind of funk, just a my life is very settled kind of funk. My schedule wasn't changing, I didn't have any exciting plans coming up...life was just normal. I wasn't living my life to the fullest, I was living it to get by...and then this blessing was dropped on my doorstep. This book is still inspiring me to live my life with joy. Since reading it, I have noticed that I care a little less about what people think of me, so I do things like dance in the grocery store when a good groove comes on and just encourage people I know and don't know more often. I mean, I still have my days where I lay around and do nothing...let's be real, we all need that, but I was put on this earth for just this one life...I might as well have fun! This book opened my eyes a lot and I am so thankful that my not-so-secret friend sent this to me...I am soon going to need to pay it forward and send it to someone else. We all need a little whimsy in our lives, so let's go find it! 

Have a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment