March 19, 2013

My Dream Job

So, this is supposed to be a post about my dream job. You see, there are a lot of things I would love to do, but I can't say there is one specific job that stands out to me as being the one I would want to do forever and there are a couple of reasons for that. The first being...I am one fickle pickle. I change my mind often and have the attention span of an unfocused gnat.

 So, there's that. 

The main reason there isn't a job that I want to do the rest of my life is that I want to be open and willing to follow the Lord wherever and whenever he leads me. 

You see, back in the day, there were these two guys named Simon and Andrew. They were brothers and were out fishing one day, which was their job, and a man named Jesus came to them and said "come follow me and I will make you fishers of men" and they immediately left their job and followed him.

Now that's what I am talking about

I am not saying that I will never have a steady job, or that I won't have a single job that I do for the rest of my life. All I am saying is, I want the rest of my life to be devoted to Christ and to be open to whatever he calls me to do. If that entails certain jobs, you better believe I will give it my all.

Now just for fun, here are some things I would love to do.

1) I want nothing more than to minister to my household one day and help point my kids to christ by example and encourage my husband in leading our family (not a "job", but basically the only thing I have ever consistently wanted to do)

2) Full-time Missionary in the states or out

3) I would love to minister to missionaries...they need to be poured into just as much if not more than the people they are ministering to

4) Photographer (I have no skill in this category, but it would be stinkin fun)

5) Barista (as I have mentioned before coffee=community and I sure do love community)

6) Birth Doula

7) Interior Design

8) That cool hippie lady that does pottery and glass blowing and drives a Subaru (again, no skills, just seems awesome)

9) Professional traveler and roadtripper (I think I am just making stuff up at this point)

Ok, so it's late and I am sure I'll think of many other jobs after I post this...that's just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

Goodnight, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment