March 7, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge!

So, let's have a time of honesty here. I am the worst blogger ever. I think about blogging daily, but never come around to actually doing it...and that makes me a sad little pile of sad. I want to have memories to look back on and I really think that a blog is a perfect way to do that. I am making an attempt to blog every day for the next 31 days, in hopes that by the end of the 31 days blogging won't feel like such a daunting task and then it will become a bigger part of my life! So...let us start at the very beginning (I've heard that's a very good place to start). 

Day one consists of a self portrait (eek!) and 5 random facts about myself. Well if you saw me right now, you would understand why I didn't take a cute little selfie today and instead chose one from a few days ago. (can someone say yoga pants, glasses, greasy hair and no makeup, ew) Sooo I went searching through the ole iphone to find a recent picture and this is the one I found first, so we'll go with that one! 

So that's me! If you don't know me, which I doubt will be any of you, my name is Katie and that is not my normal smile...at least I hope it isn't. If it is, someone needs to tell me to stop being so overzealous!

Next on the agenda is 5 random facts about myself...so here it goes! 

1) There's a list of about 7 blogs that I read on the daily, and I have never met any of the people who write them! Some call this creepy, I call this dedication.

2) Between Kindergarten and 12th grade, there were only 2 years that I didn't have a parent working in my school. Mom teaches 1st grade and dad was my high school principal!

3) I typically wear only one piece of jewelry, a bird necklace. I bought this necklace as a reminder that God will always take care of me! Matthew 6:26

4) I have been out of the country 6 times. I went to London in 2003 and 2006, Mexico in 2009, The Dominican Republic in 2010 and 2011 and Uganda in 2012. 

5) I work and live at a Children's home called Mustard Seed Ranch and help our amazing house parents take care of seven beautiful girls!
I also used to have blonde hair :)

Well I guess that wasn't too difficult, maybe I can do this! Woo! See ya tomorrow!

Tomorrow's topic: My Favorite Quotes





1 comment:

  1. therrrrrrrrrrre's nothing to see here...oh wait..thats tomorrows..

    ReplyDelete