June 5, 2011

Why I am here

Every blog that has ever been written has some underlying purpose for it's existence. Some people write blogs about crafting (woot woot), some write for their own personal need of expressing themselves and some write about topics such as leadership and how to move up in the world. Up until last February, I had never been a part of this blogging world. I originally thought of it as a way of people to keep up with family from afar or just share what they thought, but I have learned that blogs can change lives. My life and my purpose was changed by God of course, but he used the blogs of some amazing people to help facilitate that change. I was reading a family friend's blog one day out of boredom and I just started clicking on other people's blogs. One of those blogs was a family who had adopted a child from Ethiopia. I had always thought of adoption as an interesting topic, so I kept reading and kept clicking. I then came across the blogs of a few families who were giving all they had to the Lord and through that, advocating and bringing a voice to the voiceless. I read a blog about a girl MY AGE with MY NAME being the hands and feet of Jesus. A girl that made me realize that even though I was young, I could wholeheartedly serve God.

MY LIFE WAS FOREVER CHANGED

Through reading the stories of these families, I was encouraged and I was given hope that in a nation who's focus was not on God, that there are people out there willing to give their everything to HIS purpose. HOW AMAZING! I have not stopped reading these blogs since and I feel as if I am a part of their family, even though we have never met. I have seen God work miracles through these families and I am so proud to know them. (even though if I were to see them on the street they would have no clue who I was, but would I throw a 4yr old fit of excitement if I saw them, creepy? completely.)

The lord used these blogs to open my heart to orphans. Because of these blogs I cannot wait to share with you (whoever you are) my journey of following the Lord. He has put the motherless on my heart for a reason, this reason I am not sure of yet, but I am patiently waiting for that tug at my heart in the right direction. The purpose of this blog is not just about orphan care or about the different things that God has laid on my heart, but this blog is about a 22 year old trying to follow God one step at a time. My hope for this blog is that I can be completely honest and not sugar coat my walk with the Lord. I mess up every single day and I will never say anything different. My life is messy and by no stretch of the imagination have I got it together. Like most other christians, I experience huge highs and MAJOR lows in my walk with christ and I hope to share those times in the most honest way possible. 

Even though it scares me to death to put it all out here for the world to see, I hope to encourage at least one person along the way. I hope that if someone is a non-believer looking at this blog, they do not see what the world has decided Christians should be like. I hope that they see that Christianity is for sinners, for people like me who have made every mistake in the book. Christianity is not beautiful because we are these amazing people who never make mistakes, because WE ARE NOT THOSE PEOPLE. Christianity is beautiful because our savior took our sins on him and took the wrath for us all so that we can live a life of liberty.

My hope is that you will see that being a christian is not all fluffy rainbows. Being a christian requires sacrifice, and those sacrifices are not easy, but they are worth it. If I have learned anything in my short 22 years on earth, it is that a life with the Lord is more beautiful than any other life that there is. God can turn ashes into beauty, and I can say this because I have been the ashes. I was lost and living a life of destruction and then the Lord set me free. What a beautiful life to live! I am happy to share it with you!

"as a prisoner for the Lord, I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called. With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of spirit in the bond of peace"
-Ephesians 4:1-3




No comments:

Post a Comment