June 15, 2011

I found my Prince Charming

There is something that has been on my heart for a while now that I feel like I need to share. Warning: there will be rambling in your very near future if you choose to keep reading this!

I am single.

There...I said it.
I am a single girl living in a world that was made for couples. I am a single girl living in a world that tells me that I am not complete without a man by my side. I am a single girl who is told that "the lord will give you a man when you are ready". I am a single girl who is told that if she loses 20 pounds or cuts her hair that more guys will like her. I am a single girl who is indirectly told that because I don't have a man by my side that there is something wrong with me. 

I am a single girl who lives in a world created by the one true God. I am a single girl who has been made complete by my heavenly father. I am a single girl that trusts that the Lord will bless me with a husband when HE is ready. I am a single girl that knows that just because my thighs may jiggle more than other girls, I am a daughter of the king, and THAT makes me beautiful. I am a single girl that knows that nothing is wrong with me because I was made by a perfect creator. 

My hope and my prayer is that "all the single ladies" out there can stop seeing singleness as a handicap. Being single is one of the best gifts the Lord can give us. Just think about it...the Lord has given us time to spend with him and only him. He has given us the gift of not being tied down so that we can follow Him to the ends of the earth. 

This concept is something that I am just now coming to grips with. For years, I would long for someone to share my life with, someone to talk to about anything, someone to lead me spiritually, someone to tell me I am beautiful, someone that I could follow. After years of holding this desire deep within me, I realized that I already was in a relationship like this. 

With Jesus.

The amazing thing about our lord is that HE COMPLETES US. We do not need another person in our life to make us whole, because once we take on the Lord as the leader of our lives, we are complete! How amazing.

I truly hope and pray that the single women of God will stop looking for "Mr. Right" because he is already there waiting on you to come to him! He is standing at the door, with a dozen roses, ready to romance you until the day you die! I also pray that once we do find the man that God has blessed us with as a husband, we do not look for him to complete us, because a man will never be able to complete us. The gift of marriage was not given to us as a way of making two halves become a whole, it is a way that two people who love God more than anything, can come together and teach the world about God's love! It is a way that two people can raise a family that is taught about God and is taught to share God with the world! 
Praise God for singleness. Praise God for this time that can be spent with just God and Katie.





No comments:

Post a Comment