September 4, 2011

Losing Sight

The past few weeks have been packed full of events, classes, spending time with friends and attempting to do math problems that I have no chance at understanding. I have been so preoccupied with life on this earth that I have lost sight of the big picture.

I have been so concerned with getting places on time, making sure I say hi to everyone I know, trying to be an example to younger girls (and the list could go on and on) that I have forgotten the reason I was given these opportunities. 

I have lost sight of my God who rescued me from the pit I was trapped in for so long. I have lost sight of the blessing of a quiet moment with my lord. I have lost sight of the importance of talking about God in conversation. I have lost sight of the necessity of God-centered relationships.

I want to see again. My prayer is that not just me, but that we can all take a step back, stop looking at the how when and why and remember why we do the things we do. It is not for us...it is for the GLORY OF GOD! I pray that we can show God to those who dont know him and that we can have relationships centered on God with our brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment