April 29, 2013

Sightless Faith

Imagine with me, if you will, that you went into work one day to find a letter from your boss on your desk, with very specific instructions. 

Dear ______, Today, I am starting a journey, and I need you to come with me. I know where we are going, but I may not tell you for a long time. I am not going to tell you how we are going to get there or how long it will take, I just need you to trust me. You may have to be away from everything you feel comfortable with for a while. You won't be fired if you don't come with me, don't worry, but if you do come with me, in the end you will be so thankful you did. I just need you to trust me.

Can you imagine getting a message like that? I can't, but what I do know is

this is what the Lord asks of us every day.

"for we walk by FAITH, not by sight"

Our faith is a sightless faith. When the Lord calls us to do something, he doesn't map out everything that will happen, make sure we are comfortable with all of those things, and then ask us to go...he just says, go. You can trust me with the details.

I am so thankful that our faith is sightless. If the Lord had revealed to me a year and a half ago all of the little bumps in the road that would happen before and while being at the children's home, I would have run away, but now that I have experienced these bumps, I am so thankful for them.

I am being led into some things these days and all the Lord has asked me to do is "GO".

Do I know where I am going? No.

Do I know when I will get there? No.

Do I know how I will get the money? No.

Do I know all of the bumps in the road that will happen between now and then? No.

Lately, my convictions have been tested. I have been challenged to stand firm in the fact that I trust the Lord to take care of me. Even though it hasn't been easy, I am so thankful.

I am for sure going to Nicaragua this June for a week and I know some of the things that the Lord has laid on my heart for while I am there. Do I know how I will get the money? Not at all. What I do know is that the Lord will bring the money to me in the way that will bring HIM the most glory, and I am so thankful that he already has it taken care of, whether or not I know the answers or not.

So my challenge to whoever is reading this is to sit down with the Lord and listen to what he is calling you to do and just start walking with him there. He may not give you every answer up front (let's be real, he most likely will not) but he will reveal it to you in HIS time.


No comments:

Post a Comment